Career opportunities at Vetboard Victoria
Vetboard Victoria is inviting applications for the position of General Manager & Registrar, with applications closing at 9am on Wednesday, 9 October 2019.
General Manager & Registrar
Full time – contract 5 years
- Exciting and rewarding leadership position
- Opportunity to influence animal welfare and wellbeing across Victoria
- Reporting directly to a supportive and engaged Board
- Contribute strategically and operationally to influence change within the sector
The Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria (VPRBV) is a statutory body created through, and guided by, the Veterinary Practice Act 1997. The Board's mission is to protect the public and the health and welfare of animals by regulating veterinary practitioners through the effective administration of the Act.
The Board's functions are to:
- Register veterinary practitioners
- Investigate complaints against veterinary practitioners registered in Victoria
- Subject registered veterinary practitioners to disciplinary procedures when appropriate
- Issue guidelines
- Advise the Minister on any matters relating to the Board's functions.
The Board is seeking a highly experienced and motivated executive to provide leadership, operational management and strategic direction for the organisation. You will be responsible for guiding and overseeing all business operations relating to the Boards functions, including maintaining the Register of Veterinary Practitioners.
With a new Strategic Plan due, there is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre manager to influence and guide this process, to position the organisation for the future, further enhancing organisational development underway.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be an experienced leader with exemplary strategic, financial, operational and people management skills
- Demonstrate a high level of awareness of self and others, model professionalism and emotional maturity and enable and enhance a respectful, inclusive culture within the organisation
- Demonstrate confidence, skill and experience in interpersonal and relationship management, with the ability to develop collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Be a strategic and critical thinker with a strong focus on quality improvement, efficiency and accountability.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly capable and motivated leader to join our organisation, with a proud history and an exciting future.